This month, we asked Tara Gill, our champion competitive Junior girl golfer a few questions about what inspired her to get into golf …
- At what age did you start playing golf?
I started playing at 5 years old
- What made you want to play?
I watched my dad and brother play in South Africa and thought it looked so much fun
- Do you have any other hobbies?
I enjoy tennis and reading
- How often do you practice?
I practice 2-3 times a week
- Who is your favorite famous golfer?
Definitely Tiger Woods
- Do you get nervous before a competition?
Not really unless its an important competition like the OHI open
- What motivates you to play and enjoy the game?
I don’t know I just enjoy the game
- Your father and brother play …Are you competitive with your brother?
Yes very, we have competitions on the par 3 every week.
- Do you play golf on holiday? Where?
Yes for the past 3 years we have gone to Spain and this year we are going to Germany.
- What is the best course you have ever played on and why?
Al Mouj because it is my home course